- Best season: July to August
- All year: Yes
- Maximum Altitude: m
- Distance: km
- Trek Duration: hours
- Trek type: private Akilpo Serviced
- Difficulty grade: Difficult
At least two, acclimatisation day treks are recommended before embarking on this trek.
RECOMMENDATIONS & GENERAL INFORMATION
Most of the road from Huaraz to Wilcahuain is a dirt road and in some sections it might be in a bad condition due to rains and be very bumpy.
At least two, acclimatisation day treks are recommended before embarking on this trek. Do not under-estimate the difficulty of this trek which has an 1,400m+ ascent. If you have just arrived from another high altitude location and you’re well acclimatised, discuss with us the feasibility of doing it on your first full day.
Recommendations for Best Seasons
The best time is from mid-April to late September or early October. April, May and June are the best months for lovers of flowers and green landscape. July through August are the best months for blue sky & also an excellent period for photographers (warm colours and clear blue skies are great!). From September to April you get a mixed sunny and pretty cloudy landscape.
The entire Cordillera Blanca has a semi-dry and semi-cold climate, with an average maximum temperature of 23.9° C (75.0° F) and a minimum of 1.1° C (33.98° F). The climate is very unpredictable, even in the dry season it can rain. During the days it can vary from hot to very frigid temperatures, included rain and strong winds or snow over 4800 meters above sea level. It usually starts getting cloudy more often in early September. October and November are the months when after 2-3pm you can count on afternoon showers.
The Akilpo serviced 1-day Huaylas Challenge Trek is for private groups only.
The Program Includes:
- Pre-trip briefing
- Professional & experienced trekking guide
- Transportation to and from excursion
- First Aid, emergency oxygen & Radio
The Program does not Include:
- Entrance to the Huascarán National Park (30 soles)
- Snacks & drinks.
- Personal equipments /accessories for the trip
- Expenses of personal nature.
Please contact us for an offer.
- The one day trek only to Laguna Ahuac is a little less difficult than Ahuac Alta although still challenging. For more details see Laguna Ahuac @Akilpo