FROM US$ 28.00 /person
It’s imperative that at least a short acclimatisation walk/trek near Huaraz is done before embarking on this trek.
RECOMMENDATIONS & GENERAL INFORMATION
Please note that the road up to the Huascarán National Park is a dirt road and may be very bumpy due to bad road conditions.
At least one acclimatisation day trek is recommended before embarking on this trek. Do not under-estimate the difficulty of this trek even though rated as moderate. If you have just arrived from another high altitude location, discuss with us the feasibility of doing it on your first full day.
Recommendations for Best Seasons
All year around. The best time is from mid-April to late September or early October. April, May and June are the best months for lovers of flowers and green landscape. July through August are the best months for blue sky & also an excellent period for photographers (warm colours and clear blue skies are great!). From September to April you get a mixed sunny and pretty cloudy landscape.
The entire Cordillera Blanca has a semi-dry and semi-cold climate, with an average maximum temperature of 23.9° C (75.0° F) and a minimum of 1.1° C (33.98° F). The climate is very unpredictable, even in the dry season it can rain. During the days it can vary from hot to very frigid temperatures, included rain and strong winds or snow over 4800 meters above sea level. It usually starts getting cloudy more often in early September. October and November are the months when after 2-3pm you can count on afternoon showers.
The Akilpo serviced 1-day Ice Forest Trek is for groups with a maximum of 10 persons.
(please consult with us about prices if your group has less than 5 people).
The Program Includes:
- Pre-trip briefing
- Professional & experienced trekking guide
- Transportation to and from excursion
- First Aid, emergency oxygen & Radio
The Program does not Include:
- Entrance to the Huascáran National Park
- Snacks & drinks.
- Personal equipments /accessories for the trip
- Expenses of personal nature.
- This is a challenging extension of the easier Laguna Tambillo one day trek which would be the recommended trek if you’re not well acclimatised yet. For more details, click on Laguna Tambillo @Akilpo
- Speak to us about overnight camping extensions to the Rurec Glacier trek.
|No. of Persons||US$ /person|