- High altitude panoramas with some of Peru’s highest mountains
- Challenging alternative to a classic 1-day trek
- Abundance of lakes, waterfalls and snow-capped peaks
FROM US$ 43.90 /person
- Best Season: July to August
- All year: Yes
- Distance: 14 km
- Maximum Altitude: 4,700m a.s.l.
- Trek duration: 6 hours
- Trek type: Akilpo Pioneered – Akilpo Service
- Difficulty Grade: Moderate – Difficult
Certainly one of the most spectacular treks that Akilpo offers with views taken taking in Peru’s highest mountain, Nevado Hauscarán (6,768m) surrounded by some of the highest in the Cordillera Blanca like the peaks of the Huandoy Massif, which includes the two Pisco peaks, Nevado Chopicalqui, and the Nevados Chacraraju and Yanapaccha. In addition to that, visiting some the the most well-known lakes in the Cordillera Blanca i.e. Laguna 69 and the lakes of Llanganuco.
Departure from Huaraz will be between 3:00am heading north towards to the Llanganuco Sector of the Huascarán National Park. As it starts getting light, we arrive at our trail starting point (4,650m) where we will first have breakfast as the sun rises over the Cordillera Blanca – lighting up Peru’s highest mountain Nevado Huascarán (6,768m)
Heading off on our trail, we’ll get to our first viewpoint at 4,700m with breathtaking views and panoramas. This is where we start our first descent to a pale green glacial lake below Nevado Yanapaccha. Here we start the final part to where we join the classic trail to Laguna 69.
The descent to our vehicle will follow the classic Laguna 69 trail all the way to Cebollapampa from where we will head back to Huaraz.
At least one, even two, acclimatisation day treks are recommended before embarking on this trek.
This trail may sometimes be covered in snow and/or iced sections. Extreme caution is required.
The Route to and from trailhead
The roads from Yungay to the lakes of Llanganuco in the Huascarán National Park are dirt roads and some sections of this road might be bumpy in addition to winding sections in the ascent/descent to and from the lakes.
- Ice/Snow: This trail may sometimes be covered in snow and/or iced sections. Extreme caution is required.
- There are no toilets along the trail at any point.
- Be aware that there are some crossings of small rivers and streams that do not have any bridges but only large rocks serving as stepping stones.
At least one to two acclimatisation day treks are recommended before embarking on this trek. Do not under-estimate the difficulty of this trek even though rated as moderate. If you have just arrived from another high altitude location, discuss with us the feasibility of doing it on your first full day.
Recommendations for Best Seasons
All year around. The best time is from mid-April to late September or early October. April, May and June are the best months for lovers of flowers and green landscape. July through August are the best months for blue sky & also an excellent period for photographers (warm colours and clear blue skies are great!). From September to April you get a mixed sunny and pretty cloudy landscape.
The entire Cordillera Blanca has a semi-dry and semi-cold climate, with an average maximum temperature of 23.9° C (75.0° F) and a minimum of 1.1° C (33.98° F). The climate is very unpredictable, even in the dry season it can rain. During the days it can vary from hot to very frigid temperatures, included rain and strong winds or snow over 4800 meters above sea level. It usually starts getting cloudy more often in early September. October and November are the months when after 2-3pm you can count on afternoon showers.
If you like to Join a group The Akilpo serviced 1-day Panorama Trek is for groups with a minimum of 06 peoples and maximum of 09 persons /1 Guide
*please consult with us about prices if if the group has less than 6 people, or you can register in our waitlist.
*The private tour, we can arrange for any date
The price includes the following:
- Trip briefing one day before the trek.
- Lunch, snacks and hot drinks.
- Private transport from your hostel/hotel to and from the trail head.
- Akilpo selected professional and experienced guide.
- More than 9 persons, will include assistant guide as well.
- First aid kit, supplementary oxygen, radio.
The following is not included in the price:
- Personal snack preferences & drinks.
- Personal equipments /accessories for the trip
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Accommodation in Huaraz.
- Entrance to Huascarán National Park – S/30.00 (soles) per person
|No. of Persons||US$ /person|