Client Details and Pre-trip Documents
All clients are required to complete the pre-trip documents sent by e-mail from Akilpo upon receipt of the client’s reservation. Return it via e-mail (scanned copy) to Akilpo upon completion. The client will certify that all information provided is correct and true to the best of his/her knowledge. Failure to do so can result in the cancellation of a reservation.
Travel & Travel Documents
It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that his/her passport and entry visa for travel is in order before travelling to the starting point of Akilpo’s tour. All visa fees, airport taxes and/or other travel related fees and taxes are for the personal account of the client.
Health and Travel Insurance
The client will ensure that he/she has the necessary health and/or travel insurance that covers adventure activities like trekking and climbing at high altitude. This should include evacuation cover by air in the case of an emergency. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that he/she has the necessary and/or medically recommended vaccinations in time for travel to Peru and the area where Akilpo offers the excursion.
The client agrees and certifies that he/she is in a good physical condition to doing walks (trekking, hiking) that necessitate physical exertion and carrying at least a 25-30litre day pack. In the case of more difficult treks and climbs, the client will certify that they have the necessary and required experience and may be required to carry his own 60-70 litre backpack. In the event of a client being 50 years or more of age, he/she will provide a certificate from a medical practitioner (medical doctor) that he/she is in a physical condition fit enough to participate in high altitude trekking. This certificate may not be older than 6 months before the date of making the reservation.
The client agrees that he/she will not hold Akilpo, it’s owner(s) and or trekking and climbing crew responsible in the case he/she cannot trek or climb beyond a certain altitude due to Acute Mountain Illness (Altitude Sickness) or other medical condition. In these cases, the guide will advise the client to descend to lower altitudes and arrange for a crew member to accompany the client to the recommended lower altitudes.
Trekking & Climbing Routes
Due to the unpredictability of weather conditions in the mountains, the itinerary may be adapted for the safety and security of the group and crew. This could mean that different treks/climbs/routes are embarked upon than specified in the original itinerary. The guide will have the final decision in whether to continue on a planned route or, deviate to an alternative or to terminate a trek/climb due to changing weather or local conditions that may place clients at undue risk.
In the event of potential risky situations, the guide will withdraw with all clients – the guide’s discretion and decision in this is final. Where evacuation is needed, the guide will take the necessary measures to evacuate a person which may include the use of the additional horse which accompanies groups on treks for this purpose.
Activities outsourced to other Agencies and/or Guides
In the event that an activity/excursion is outsourced to another agency and/or guide, Akilpo cannot be held responsible for the organisation and aspects of that activity/excursion. Akilpo will only continue support of the client in the form of advice and information.
- All payments are to be made in cash at the Akilpo office. **International transfers can be made to our bank in Peru (account details will be furnished when making your reservation).
- Upon making a reservation, 40% (forty percent) of the total tour price will be due for payment.
- The outstanding balance will be due 30 days before the start date of the trek. Subject to circumstances, Akilpo may reach further agreements with the clients about payment of the relevant trek.
- Failure to pay the outstanding balance within this time-frame can result in cancellation of the reservation and the deposit paid will be forfeited.
- Classic and Akilpo 1-day treks/tours: payment upon reservation the day before the trek/tour date.
1. If a group departure has not been fully reserved within the predetermined number of days before the starting date of the trek;
- the trip will be cancelled and,
- a full refund will be made for each reservation for which a deposit has been paid.
2. A group departure not fully reserved may continue on the conditions that:
- ALL reserved clients & Akilpo agree on the new price per person (this price is likely to be higher).
- Immediate payment to Akilpo of the difference in price.
3. ALL agreements will be made in writing, scanned and e-mailed to Akilpo.
- the decision of Akilpo is final, whether in case of cancellation or continuation.
4. Cancellation within predetermined number of days or more before starting date, 100% refund.
5. Cancellation within 21 days before starting day of tour is 50% refund.
6. Classic and Akilpo 1-day treks/tours: there will be no refund for cancellation on the day of the trek/tour date.
(in addition to refunds as per «Cancellation Policy»)
- Any refund due will be made in person to the client or Internationally, the agreed account of the client who made the reservation.
- No refunds will be made in the case of treks cancelled due to the recommendation of a trekking guide on the basis of weather or other local conditions that may place trek participants at undue risk.
- Alternative trek dates will be established in this case.