- Tour Plan
- More Information
- Similar Tours
- All Cooking equipments
- All meals included
- Camping equipment
- First aid kit, supplementary oxygen, radio.
- Mountain cook
- Private transportation round trip
- Trip briefing one day before the Trek
- Unlimited drinkable water
- Huascaran National Park Entrance Fee
- Medical insurance and emergency insurance
- Personal equipment/accessories for the trip
- Sleeping Bag
- The first breakfast and last dinner
- DAY 1
- DAY 2
Departure at 6 am, Driving: 3,5 hours
Trail Note: 4 hours’ trek / elevation change (+300m / - 250m), distance: 5km
Trail Note: 5-6 hours’ trek / elevation change (- 450m / + 425m / - 725), Distance: 14 km
Meals: Breakfast & lunch
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & RECOMMENDATIONS
The roads from Yungay to the lakes of Llanganuco in the Huascarán National Park are dirt roads, and some sections of this road might be bumpy in addition to winding sections in the ascent/descent to and from the lakes.
There are no toilets along the path at any point.
High altitude trail some sections may be snowy
Be aware that there are some crossings of small rivers and streams that do not have any bridges but only large rocks serving as stepping stones.
At least one acclimatization day hike recommended before embarking on this trek. Do not under-estimate the difficulty of this trek even though rated as moderate. If you have just arrived from another high altitude location, discuss with us the feasibility of doing it on your first full day.